Awlcraft 2000 Acrylic Urethane Topcoat Gallons
Don’t see your color? Please call for specialty colors or Mixed To Order (MTO) colors. 772-742-8535
California Residents see?Prop 65 Warnings
$98.62 – $417.58
Acrylic Urethane Topcoat with superior flow-out and high gloss
The color chips on this site are for guideline purposes only and cannot be guaranteed to closely match the actual color in the can.
Use conventional air atomized spray or HVLP spray.
Surface Preparation Best results are achieved when sprayed over properly prepared Awlgrip 545 Primer. May be applied directly over some existing finishes. The existing finish must be sound, tightly adhered to the substrate, and chemically compatible with the Awlcraft 2000.
Mixing and Reduction Spray: mix by volume 2 parts Awlcraft 2000 Topcoat Base Component with one part Awl-Cat #2 Spray Converter to a smooth homogenous mixture. Reduce 25%-33% with the spray reducers appropriate for conditions. Overall mix is 2:1:3/4-1 by volume. 25% reduction is a standard mix. Clear coats, metallic colors, and painting in high temperature conditions may require additional reduction up to 40%.
Application Instructions General: The primed surface must be clean and dry. Achieving maximum gloss and distinction of image requires the primer be smooth sanded with 220-320 grit paper before topcoat application. Using a contrasting mist coat of lacquer primer as a guide coat is recommended. Smooth sanding until all the guide coat is removed indicates a texture free surface. Two to three coats are recommended for spray applications.
Spray Application: Apply a light, smooth, slightly wet tack coat to the surface. Allow tack coat to flash off 30 to 45 minutes. Then apply a full, wet coat to achieve color coverage (ie hide) and film thickness requirements. If preferred, three coats may be used. Allow second coat to flash off 30 to 45 minutes until only slightly tacky before applying third coat. Coats 2 and 3 are not full wet coats in 3 coat applications. The second coat is a slightly heavy tack coat with the third coat just wet enough to obtain full hide (opacity) or color coverage. Do not apply to surfaces warmer than 105 F or colder than 55 F. Do not attempt to cure below 55 F.
- Theoretical Coverage: Sq. Ft./Gallon: 573 Sq. Feet at one mil dry. 230 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness
- Calculated for mixed base and converter, reduced 25%.
- Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%.
- The actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size, and application environment.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 6-9 mils (150-225 microns) total of 2-3 coats.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 2-3 mils (50-75 microns) total of 2-3 coats.
- Anticipated Cure Time at 77 ¡ F, 50% R.H: 24 Hours to tape free; 3 days to light service; 14 days for full cure.
- Recoatability: Spray applications consist of two to three coats applied over 1-4 hours.
- Exact time will vary with temperature, project size, and film thickness applied.
- VOC 472.5 g/lt or 3.9 lbs/gal (for base)